Ingredients for 4 people:
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Izhiman Za`atar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg in a bowl; stir in corn and Izhiman Za`tar. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until corn bread is lightly browned and begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack.